Wednesday, August 24, 2011

FIOS on the Fone

It's been my experience that once I get through the automated FIOS screening process and reach a live technician together we usually solve my problem(s).

Back story: DVR dies Saturday night. Call FIOS Sunday and they order a replacement for me. It arrives Tuesday and we proceed to install.

Automatic activation does nothing. TV screen shows “weak or no signal.” As per the instructions, I try several times to no avail. One of their telephone automatons tells me the process should take an hour. Instruction manual says 15 minutes. Neither is accurate.

So, resigned to a long wait time, I call FIOS again and wade through the process until I get a live person. He introduces himself as William and sounds eager to please. I like him immediately because he calls me Mr. Friedman. I call him William.

To make a very long story short, William and I spent more than 50 minutes on the phone getting a picture from the DVR to the TV Screen. We still have one minor problem which I will deal with later. On some channels we don't get a full screen picture. It's annoying but not serious enough to prevent enjoying what's on.

I'm giving myself and FIOS tech service a rest for a while. I think we both deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment