Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I Like Print

I learned something from the two snowstorms that hit New Jersey recently. I don't like reading a newspaper on line.

Not that the information isn't there. It's just that I have to sit in front of a screen and scan or scroll through every story I find interesting. It's annoying and it makes me sleepy.

I read about all the different hi-tech ways people get their news but I'd just as soon wait until the morning paper arrives and sit down with a cup or two of coffee and browse. Of course I have the liberty to do that since I am not dashing here or there 24/7 (any more).

And I can't fold my PC into fourths (subway style) and take it into the bathroom either. And another thing: I find it impossible to download the daily crossword puzzle from the on-line paper. I follow the prompts but they take me in circles and I never get to download the puzzle. Really annoys me.

I told the Times how I feel about the print version of the paper since I'm constantly reminded about how threatened print is by electronic media. I don't expect them to do anything about it but perhaps some eye-shaded editor will get a little morale boost knowing someone out there cherishes the feel of a newspaper.

Here's a toast to all ink-stained wretches!

No comments:

Post a Comment