Friday, March 25, 2011

Soul Mate?

I may have found someone who is willing to admit she views modern technology with the same jaundiced eye as I. I invited her to view my blog and she wrote back:

“I read your entries and I am much more bewildered than you. I am nervous about Facebook and Twitter, and whatever else is out there. Even though my friends have invited me into social networking, I don't intend to.”

I never intended to frighten anyone off experimenting with the new technology. I have a Facebook page but I rarely look at it. I get emails once in a while telling me someone has posted something on my page. If I know the person and am interested in what they have to say I'll log on and look at it. If I want to respond, I'll do it via email. I don't like to share my communications with anyone but the intended recipient.

I am also “Linked In,” but mostly just to see what former business colleagues are up to. Twitter? Forget it.

So, you may ask, why do I Blog? Answer: it's fun. I do it to muse and amuse. I focus on the technology sector because I'm so far behind the curve on everything out there it boggles my mind.

I doubt I'll ever catch up and I don't particularly care. If and when I find something actually useful to me I might try it. Meantime, we'll muddle through.

No comments:

Post a Comment