Saturday, August 6, 2011

It's a Dog's Life

My neighbor has a fake lawn in her backyard. This is an improvement over what she had. It's green and bordered by medium size white rocks. Actually it's a playground for her four dogs.

She has nice patio furniture and on pleasant afternoons she sits in a comfortable chair and watches her pets at play. They play nicely with each other and only one of them gets yappy from time to time.

My neighbor vacuums her fake lawn and that makes a racket. She sometimes vacuums when I'm trying to take an afternoon nap. I try to ignore it.

I can't imagine what this entire backyard makeover must have cost. I went on line and found several web sites that offer fake lawns. One of them, www.xgrass.com looked interesting so I checked it out.

The site offered promotional views that looked suspiciously like my neighbor's back yard. They also offer their fake surfaces to kennels, boarding facilities, dog parks, pet resorts (if you can believe that) and a host of other pet-related projects. They also do fake lawns for homes.

You're probably wondering, as I am, what this kind of fake grass installation might cost. But I'm not going to pursue that because I don't really care.

If she's happy, we're happy. Talk about a dogs' life.

No comments:

Post a Comment