Saturday, October 8, 2011

Reflecting

Yom Kippur, the Jewish Day of Atonement just ended, is a time for reflection. How did I do last year? Can I do better next year? I hope so.

Our rabbi gave a sermon this morning on the importance of reflecting on many things. One of them was nature. Do we take the time to appreciate what's around us. As some would say, take time to smell the roses.

I frequently do this on the golf course. Particularly after hitting a poor shot. After all, there must be some benefit to being out there. Which had me reflecting as I listened to the rabbi's words.

If the Almighty created the wonderful natural world we live in, why did Man have to mess it up by creating golf courses to torment us?

Just a thought, for which I probably will be asking forgiveness next Yom Kippur.

No comments:

Post a Comment