Sunday, January 15, 2012

Good Sunday

After a spate of early risings during the week, we finally slept late today. My wife prepared a delicious breakfast, we read some of the papers and then I checked email.

To our delight there was a new picture from Israel of our 15-month-old great-grandson Yonatan standing on tip-toe with one finger on his Dad's laptop. Boy, they start them early there. The caption of the photo said: “Yonatan in his office.” We made an appointment for next month.

Thus fortified we had a light workout out our gym and then got ready for another bonus: a visit from our New Jersey granddaughter Samantha and her friend, Mike. We were delighted to see them and took them to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants in nearby Caldwell.

Everyone enjoyed their meal and I called for the check. However, when I reached for my wallet my back pocket was empty. Fortunately, my wife had her credit cards with her so we were spared further embarrassment.

Then I put on the DVR to see the rest of the Giants-Packers game. Sure enough the DVR stopped with about 5 minutes left to play even though I had programmed it to end 60 minutes after the scheduled ending. The Giants were leading by 10 at that point so I didn't fret too much. We watched some of the CBS Sunday Morning program before I turned to the internet to get the final score, 37-20.

So, to sum up: New pictures from Israel. A visit to the gym. Dinner with a grandchild and friend. The Giants win. The kids texted us they got home safely.

A good Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment