Monday, January 16, 2012

Let's Play...

Who wants to be a Media? The game that challenges your ability to defy logic, sow confusion and become famous for juggling facts at the drop of a question.

Our first contestant is Mr. D. Termined from Middle America, wherever that is. Mr. Termined, what are your qualifications for becoming a Media?

Well, Mudddling, as a last-minute voter I confuse the pollsters who think I'll vote one way when in fact I always vote the other way. In fact, I'm famous for flip-flopping at the polling booth. And if that doesn't defy logic, I don't know what does.

Well, Mr. Termined, you've hit all the qualifications for becoming a Media. Just stand by and we'll see if anyone wants to challenge you.

I see a hand up from a scraggly fellow with – is that a pencil behind your ear? You must be an old fashioned journalist. Your name please.

Call me Ishmailligan. I just washed up on the East Coast after a lengthy chase after a presidential candidate who threw me off his bus when I asked him a question.

What was the question?

Why the hell do you want to be president? His face turned white, he glared at me and then said the interview was over. It hadn't even started. So he was confused by the question, which defies logic and since he had no facts to juggle I guess that qualifies me as a Media.

It's clear we have two winners. Gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure to confer the title of “Media” on each of you.

May you continue to confuse, defy logic and juggle facts to your heart's content.

And may the Supreme Court of Elections shine its countenance on you.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment