Thursday, January 6, 2011

Catching Up

For some reason I could not get to this site last night to make an entry.  So this will have to do double duty.

Had a wonderful lunch and visit with two old friends yesterday and once again realized how far behind I am to these early adapters. I am dazzled by their comfort with so many new technologies.  I acknowledge that all new devices are technical marvels but I keep asking myself--so what?

Withhout getting too philosophical or even maudlin about it, I wonder what we really accomplish by being connected not only 24/7 but whenever and wherever we might be anywhere in the world. Other than my immediate family, does anyone really care?

OK, I was sort of shamed into getting a facebook page but I rarely look at it. I'm also "Linked In" but check it only when notified that some of my former business associates make an entry. I wish them all the best of luck.

I know how to receive and send text messages but I usually respond via email because I find it easier to type on a keyboard than a cell phone.

I follow the latest tech developments in The Times and don't understand the need for half of them. I learned a long time ago that most people are not intested in what YOU have to say but are fascinated by what THEY have to say.

As a result, I have become a listener, but only if you speak slowly.

Love you all...

The Muddler

No comments:

Post a Comment