Monday, January 3, 2011

Getting Close

I am getting close to 80. Five days closer, to be exact. It's an interesting time. Never really thought about it and now I am astonished that it is almost here.

In my generation you sort of took for granted growing up, getting an education, getting married, raising kids and then, seemingly almost suddenly, there are grand-children. And that's a wonder. Much better than having your own. They act up, you give them back.

But now there are three great-grandchildren! This is truly a wonder. They may be six-thousand miles away (in Israel), but hey, we get pictures via email and once in a while we visit.

Some local celebrations are planned with family first and then friends and I'm looking forward to each of them. And then that milestone will pass. And I will look forward to the next day and the day after that and as many additional days as I am allowed.

The Muddler is now the Muser, at least for the next several days.

Cheers everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment