Monday, April 4, 2011

The "Late" MRI

As advertised, I had my MRI today. Despite dire warnings from MRI veterans the noise and the closeness of the magnet didn't bother me.

What did bother me was the delay in getting started. What's with the medical profession that they schedule you for an appointment, tell you to get there 10 to 15 minutes in advance and then keep you waiting for another half hour or more. It's like the airlines all scheduling morning takeoffs at the same time. Ridiculous.

Hey, my time is valuable, too. At least it used to be. I've often thought of billing doctors for the time they've kept me waiting at the same rate I used to bill my consulting clients. And I wouldn't accept their insurance plans either. Cash on the barrel head, buddy. Of course I never had the guts to do it.

Anyway, the MRI's done and I'll know the results after I have another opportunity to fidget in my doctor's waiting room. Then more sitting in the exam room until he finally shows up.

Don't get me wrong, I love my doctor. I just wish he and others in the medical profession could learn to schedule appointments more efficiently.

Blowin' in the wind, Marv, blowin' in the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment