Saturday, June 4, 2011

Fair Trade

I explained to my grandson's friend what a shmatta is and in turn she told me what Angry Birds is and how to install it on my computer. Now that’s what I call a fair trade.

The easiest way to describe a Shmatta is to liken it to Linus' blanket. Now that’s a shmatta. In other words, a worn out old garment or piece of cloth that is too treasured to throw out and is still, in the eyes of the owner, worth keeping and using (preferably when no one is looking).

Now Angry Birds is something we've been hearing about quite a bit lately but we had no idea what it or they were. So now we know it's a game that has become an obsession in certain circles, my grandson and his friend included. They tell me another grandson in the family also is addicted to it.

So before they left this evening after a wonderful surprise visit here, I asked him to install AB on my PC. Which he did. I even tried it once. It feels like fun. It's too soon to tell whether it will replace Spider Solitaire but we'll try it from time to time. I know the wife is anxious to give it a go.

Are we moving forward or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment