Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What's Next?

So here's the thing. After many months of dithering I finally buy a Blu-ray disc player with built in wi-fi, get it to work and watch a movie.

Now what? This evening I didn't even put it on. Is the thrill gone? Was it the journey or the destination that mattered? How existential can I get? Not so much.

There are still so many other gizmos out there that sound exciting, look attractive and, if you believe the hype, are “must haves.” Guess what, I don't have to have any of them.

Yet...there's the seduction aspect. Tomorrow's NYTimes, I'm sure, will have still more new items to entice the gadgeteer, the early adapter, etc. I will read about them and be amazed. But resist the temptation to acquire as long as I can. I guarantee nothing.

My demands are simple. A convenient tee time, a pleasant round and an occasional par. Not too much to ask.

FORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment