Monday, June 20, 2011

Trying Again

I'm giving Skype a second chance. My Israeli grandson called (via telephone) this afternoon and said he was now on Skype and would I please sign up so we could have free real time face-to-face visits with our great granddaughters. As well as he and his wife, of course.

I told him I tried Skype once and found it cumbersome. But how can you pass up an opportunity to visit with the young great granddaughters. So I entered the mysterious realm of Skype once again.

Amid all the hype and sales pitches for hardware, software and sundry other items of no interest to me I finally got a Skype name and password. But once again it proved difficult to make a call. However, spurred on by the promise of instant grandparently gratification I persevered.

I finally succeeded in making a video call to Israel, live and in color. My wife and I chatted briefly with our grandson (the children were asleep by the time I got through)and he promised to call tomorrow with the two great granddaughters camera ready.

I'm hoping this will be the start of a very satisfying long distance relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment