Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Challenge

Here's a challenge for all you techies out there:

Develop an app containing ready-to-use excuses for failure. Ideal for pols losing nominations or elections. Or just plain dropping out. I call it the iQuit app.

Download it to any smart phone or iDevice and off you go to retirement. Example: The dog ate my delegates.

Of course, you could expand iQuit to offer home-spun excuses for all sorts of missed opportunities, i.e., “It's not my time,” “I'm not ready for this,” “I never wanted to be an accountant anyway.”

Consultants could research the iQuit app for the most convincing statement their candidate could use to gracefully exit the stage and still be credible. Good luck with that.

Then, I'd ask a Mark Zuckerberg type to develop a Save-Your-Facebook (SYFb) site for the dropouts. There, the candidate could expound at great length why his/her party and the nation missed out on nominating and/or electing such a worthy individual.

On the other hand, reading the “likes” and “comments”on his/her SYFb site might be daunting.

iHope there’s a programmer out there willing to take a crack at this.

No excuses, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment