Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Is He Serious?

I started this year obsessing over purchasing a Blu-ray disc player in order to stream movies to my TV. By the time I finally bought one, the garbage being streamed sent me streaming out of Netflix. So now the Blu-ray sits idle.

Now I'm starting to obsess over whether I really need or want a tablet or a smart phone. I can't see owning both. Or either. Yet.

What put the bug in my mind was our scheduled trip to Israel in March to visit new great-grandchildren. The flights are long and boring. I can see value in a tablet for reading away the hours. I need to do serious research into the features of both devices. And their costs.

Of course, this new direction flies in the face of my year-long struggle to cope with the expanding reach of technology. Am I ready for this next step? We'll find out eventually but I promise not to bore you incessantly with my mental muddling.

Besides, after a year of blogging essentially about my battle with the new technology, in the New Year I intend to write on any subject that captures my attention. It's a leap year, giving us one more day to rant or rumble and it's an election year which makes everything and everyone fair game.

I'm looking forward to unleashing the Muddler. It'll be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment