Friday, December 2, 2011

A Techno Leap

We have a friend who still uses AOL on her computer. Whenever I try to send her a new picture of a great-grandchild, she can't open the attachment with the picture.

Earlier this evening she called to tell us she treated herself and her husband to an iPad. Her grandson set it up for her (naturally) and lo and behold, she was able to see the most recent picture we emailed her. She was thrilled she could do it and also made the appropriate noises about the new baby.

This is a person I always considered way behind the technology curve. Now she is laps ahead of us. Time will tell how well or often she uses her new toy. But the mere fact she bought it has me thinking.

Am I next to tiptoe into the modern world? Right now it's enough to have a PC, a laptop and a cell phone. I use all three regularly for email and searches and, of course, to write my blog.

Yet I feel the hot breath of modernity on my neck. For the moment, I'll just turn up my collar.

No comments:

Post a Comment