Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Case of the Missing Checks

I just emailed the Newark Star Ledger suggesting they look into the case of the missing checks. Seems we are not the only ones who have trouble with technology today.

Here's the story. In late January my wife completed the registration renewal form for her car and sent it in with her check for the proper amount to the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission. Well, it's a month later and we still haven't received the renewed registration.

Being concerned, she called Trenton and was steered to a department called Correction and Data Base. Notice a whole department for correcting their data base. Turns out they really need it.

A nice woman there told my wife that there was "a problem" with checks received in late January. "When were you going to tell us this," my wife asked. "We're not," said the nice woman. "So how do I get my registration renewed?" my wife asked. "Fax us a copy of your check, front and back," the lady answered.

So we will do this. But, we wonder, how many other people are unaware their checks went missing? And whatever happened to those missing checks? The dog ate them?

Ironically, not too long ago, I received a one-year extention on my auto inspection sticker. Didn't even ask for it and didn't know I was eligible for it.

Motor Vehicle works in mysterious ways its public to confuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment