Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Self-Dialing Cell Phone

My wife makes cell phone calls from her pocket. More accurately, the phone makes calls from her pocket.

For example, we were in our house about two feet apart getting ready to go out when my cell phone rang. It was my wife's cell phone calling, but not her. Her phone was in her pants pocket. How could this be?

We both have Samsung Intensity phones and they lock automatically when not in use. You have to unlock them to make a call. So how can the phone unlock itself to make a call when in a pocket?

To get the answer we visited a Verizon store and my wife showed a nice service rep her cell phone and explained the mystery of the pocket calls. We examined the phone carefully and found that the zero on the phone face also offered a way to lock and unlock the phone.

Apparentlly, my wife has the ability to bend over in such a way that her hip unlocks the phone. And, in this case, since my speed dial number is right above the zero, I was called. Naturally, I answered the call and said: "Yes?" Then we laughed.

And now she has a new phone case that we hope will forestall further pocket calls.

Next problem: getting the phone out of the case to answer an incoming call.

She promises to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment