Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Drawer

Ever go looking for something and find everything but? Today was one of those days and, boy, did I throw out stuff.

I was looking for a golf cleat wrench which I know I have. I just can't remember where it is. So I started looking in several drawers where I thought it might be. Naturally, it wasn't in any of them.

But I did find and got rid of a bunch of loose shoelaces, a stack of old golf score cards from places I played, visited and never played but kept as souvenirs, two combination locks I no longer remember or have the combinations to, dried up tubes of glue and other assorted odds and ends.

Some stuff actually worth saving got moved to the basement and one drawer got dusted and washed down. Then all its contents were replaced to wait for the next time I'm looking for something that isn't there.

The hunt is still on for the cleat wrench and who knows what else will end up in the trash bin in the process.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment