Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Love Thursday!

I love Thursdays because that's the day the New York Times devotes a whole section to the latest techno-gizmos coming to market that I will never buy.  But I enjoy reading about them.

David Pogue started off my day by writing about the mad scramble to buy the iPad when it was introduced and now here come the clones. "Starting Thursday (I presume he meant today), you'll be able to buy one of the most eagerly awaited iPad rivals: the Motorola Xoom." 

Guess what, David? Not only am I not waiting for my chance to buy a Motorola Xoom for $800, I didn't know or care it was coming to a store near me. I am definitely not an early adaptor.

Also featured in today's personal tech section was a story on swindlers attacking iPhones. I don't have one.
And there seems to be great enthusiasm for watching the Oscar broadcast Sunday night on assorted mobile devices. I'll be sitting on my couch watching on TV.

Nintendo, I read, is coming out with a pocket-size game system offering 3-D viewing without glasses. At $250 per, not in my pocketbook.

And for $200 you can get a prepaid phone with an unlimited music plan. But if I read the story right you need to pay an additional $55 for the service with unlimited voice, text, data and music. Not a tune I'm dancing to.

So keep the stories coming each Thursday, NYT. They make me feel so much richer knowing I don't have to have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment