Saturday, April 23, 2011

Count Me Out

Dear Alina:

I emailed your article on being “defined by numbers” in today's New York Times Business section to two other people to up the number of times your story was emailed. You say it may not matter to you, but I know better and I wanted to help. I hope you make the 10 most popular list.

I have eight followers of my Blog and someday I may hit double figures. But it really doesn't matter since I write this for fun not for profit. However, if you'd like to be number nine you can find me at http://limbclimber.blogspot.com.

The title of my blog, “Muddling Marv in the Modern World,” pretty much tells you where I stand on the way technology is taking over our lives. I have a few rudimentary items such as a PC and a cell phone but none of the esoterica that seems to rule the lives of young people, which I am not.

I marvel at the determination of Twitterers to Twit and the Facebookers to “like” and track all manner of people. Not for me, however. I have neither the time, the interest nor the inclination to know what anyone else is doing at any given moment of the day. And I'm sure most people feel the same about me.

I enjoyed your article and agree with the concept that we are how we are counted. As for me, count me out.

All the best,

Muddling Marv

No comments:

Post a Comment