Friday, April 22, 2011

Forget Something?

This was a day to remember the things I forgot and be thankful I could.

Actually, the first thing that caused me to panic was when I was at the supermarket checkout counter and thought I had lost my car keys. Why would this cause a panic? Because the little store tag that triggers your “savings” on sale items is attached to my key ring.

As I frantically tried to remember where I might have “lost” the keys my wife, bless her soul, calmly said “aren't those your keys on the counter?” Of course they were. I had put them there along with my purchases so I wouldn't miss getting my well-earned discounts.

If that wasn't bad enough, as we were driving up our street toward our house I asked my wife if I should put the car in our garage. But as I got closer to the house I saw the driveway was empty. Of course it was. I was driving the car that stays on the driveway. Her car was in the garage.

It's enough to make you wonder.

There's an old expression: “To err is human, to forgive is divine.”

I prefer: “To forget is human, to remember is better.”

No comments:

Post a Comment