Friday, May 13, 2011

Outlook Local

I've been having trouble lately accessing my email through Outlook Express. I have to double click the icon several times before it opens.

This is annoying and I don't know what to do about it. Yes, my PC is about 10 years old but I've had it serviced within the last year, added memory and still have lots of hard drive space left.

But it's downright annoying to have to keep closing and opening and closing and opening before it actually opens. Outlook Express is obviously running on the local tracks. And when it does open the Inbox is filled with all sorts of solicitations I instantly delete.

Quite often I received emails from well-meaning friends who insist I read something and immediately pass it on to everyone I know who has a computer. Not only do I not pass them on, I rarely read them.

I'm aware the internet is full of bad guys who want to hack into PC's and destroy hard drives. And I don't think I'm immune to that. I just don't want to innocently open the floodgates to trouble by opening an email when I can't verify the source.

I've told this to my well-meaning friends many times but yet they persist in sending me emails and attachments that must be read and immediately forwarded to my entire address book.

Don't ask. Don't send.

(This Blog delayed one day by Blogger's own maintenance problems.)

No comments:

Post a Comment