Saturday, May 14, 2011

Interesting Times

Sometimes I feel we are living the ancient Chinese curse: may you live in interesting times.

I know I'm slowing down while the world around me is speeding up. Everything is either faster or instant and I'm not in a hurry. The newspapers dote on the latest advances in personal technology and half the time I don't understand the need for all this “instantness.”

At the same time, I read that advertisers are finally realizing that older people (to them anyone over 55 is “older”) have more money to spend than the normally targeted younger people. Hello! I've been saying that for years, but who listens to an “older” person when it's the young ones making the ad buys.

The rationale for the change in direction is supposed to be because many younger people have lost their jobs. More likely it's because the baby boomers are now entering their “older” years and can spend some of the loot they collected during their salad days.

Who knows? I just find it entertaining reading about the latest gizmos that do this and that and who might be interested in buying them. Some may be successful and others not.

As you know, I stay away from commenting on Geo-and-national political events, leaving that to other bloggers.

I usually find enough to muddle through in these interesting times.

No comments:

Post a Comment