Monday, May 9, 2011

Overkill

I'm very happy so far with the new all-in-one printer I bought from HP. I'm not so happy with the onslaught of emails I'm now getting from HP offering me all sorts of products including coupons for grocery items.

That's what happens when you “register” your new purchase and give them your email address. I wonder why I do that.

So I'm asking myself what in the world is HP doing in the grocery coupon business? Then it hits me. They're not really in the grocery coupon business. They just want you to print out the coupons on your printer so you run out of ink sooner. Aha!

Manufacturers practically give their printers away but make all their money selling you their ink. I admit they have me there. I like to print things, particularly pictures of the grand-children and now the great grand-children. It's fun and gives us instant gratification. We don't have to wait for on-line photo services to upload, download or whatever.

And printers are transferable. I recently gave my grandson my old printer and wish him luck with it. It's got new ink cartridges in it but he better start saving his pennies for refills when he starts using it in the next college semester.

I'm going to print this draft now for my Decider to review before posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment