Monday, May 16, 2011

A Week Without Golf...

is sometimes a welcome break. We've had such a wet Spring that when it was dry all last week, I played golf three times. Usually I'm satisfied with two days of hacking.

I had two more dates lined up for this week but then the rains came and it looks like they'll be here throughout the week. What's a duffer to do?

Well, this morning I went to the gym. But how many times can you do that without getting bored out of your skull. Two more at least. Then there's the library. I love browsing through the newer releases and sometimes I actually take one out to read.

The library is right next door to town hall. So I paid my water bill and taxes. But how many times can you do that? Too many.

Later in the day a good friend called and suggested we go out to dinner. Which we did and had a very nice time. The food was good, too.

I have a blank agenda for tomorrow but not to worry. Something will pop up to engage me physically or mentally. Perhaps both.

I should be so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment