Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Attack of The Unnamed People!

At last count there were 5,019 faces smiling at me out of a Picasa file labeled Unnamed People. But I do know them, all of them. The question is: where did they come from and how did Picasa lump them all into a new folder?

This is beyond weird. First of all these head shots had to come from group photos scattered throughout my PC. Which means many of them are duplicates. Then, how or why were they isolated from those photos and clustered into this huge file? And I also have the option of identifying the portraits. I doubt very much if I'm going to add names to them all. For what purpose? I hesitate to think what Picasa might do with them if I added their names.

I think I'll keep them anonymous to protect them.

I do have a lot of old photo files on my PC and Picasa has conveniently listed them all in one column which makes it simpler to delete the older ones. So I will, a few at a time. After all, it's taken years to accumulate these photos. I'm not going to junk them in a single session.

But it's getting to the point where I'm almost reluctant to open Picasa for fear of what I might find next.

By the way, at least one person was able to view my Maine 2011 album shared via Picasa. Still waiting to hear from two others.

Progress, slow but steady progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment