Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Blowback

That's a term for unintended consequences on a much larger scale than I'm dealing with but it seems appropriate to me.

Yesterday I spent a lot of time organizing vacation photos and writing captions for them and, I thought, making them available for viewing by children and grand-children via Picasa, Google's web-based photo album service. This morning came the bad news that no one was able to see the pictures. They were nowhere on the web.

Back to the keyboard I went and again tried to find the right formula for getting the pictures up there. I have my fingers crossed that this time I got it right. But, thanks to the time difference between New Jersey and Israel I won't know until the morning whether I've succeeded.

I'm beginning to think that maybe the modern world is a little too complicated for me. But I like some of the concepts technology offers and I'll keep trying to master at least some of them.

After all, I am Muddling Marv and that's what I do, muddle through as best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment