Friday, July 29, 2011

Moving on...

I took a break from Picasa today. Some issues still to be resolved but I need to think about something else for a while. Like Netflix charging separate fees for streaming movies and DVDs by mail.

No way, Jose. As soon as Netflix made it's announcement I canceled the streaming part of my subscription. I'm not going to pay an absurd fee for second-rate streaming selections. That service is terrible. I'm sticking with DVD-by-mail, especially since I'm now using a Blu-ray DVD player. We like that.

Wrapping up another vacation by-product we come to the “Where-did-I-put-that” syndrome (WDIPT). WDIPT afflicts anyone who travels long distances by car and packs a months worth of “stuff” for a two week vacation.

It's usually the small items that disappear first: eye glass cases, nail clippers, shoe horns (do people still use shoe horns?), keys, books, notes, anything that can fall into a crack. After a while, of course, you just do without. Probably didn't need it anyway.

Then there's the stuff that falls under the car seat. It takes a contortionist to recover those hard to reach items. Sometimes they sit there for weeks until you decide to dig it out. And you do it with a great sense of accomplishment.

End of vacation. Back to Picasa. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment