Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Forget? You Bet!

We're really starting to worry now about forgetting things. Not clinically, mind you, just silly things that make us laugh when we remember what we forgot.

But first a quick back story. Ever since we installed white carpeting downstairs we wear indoor-only shoes at home and change when leave.

Today, I drove to the gym and only when I got out of the car did I notice I was wearing my indoor-only shoes. This might not seem serious but I must wear orthotics in order to walk properly no less exercise. The indoor-only shoes have no orthotics. Then I realized I didn't take a towel, which I usually need during a workout.

I wanted to return home for my sneakers, which were right by the front door, and a towel but my wife was on a tight schedule and insisted I muddle through my gym routine. After all, isn't that what I do? So I muddled. When we got home my wife found my towel in our gym gear. I never realized it was there.

Feeling superior, she then went to her nail appointment this afternoon. When she came home she couldn’t find her cell phone. She called the number on the house phone and still couldn't locate it. Finally she went out to the garage to look in her car. Her phone was on the passenger seat. It had slipped out of her pocket as I drove home from the gym.

The best part of forgetting? Remembering!

No comments:

Post a Comment