Monday, September 26, 2011

Red Light!

That means the DVR is recoding and that's important because I think I finally hit the right combination of clicks on the TV remote to record our favorite series.

It's taken me weeks and at least one phone call to FIOS to get the hang of it. Last year I had no problem but when our favorite programs returned to the air this fall, I had lost the knack. I had to record each program separately. It was annoying and I felt foolish.

The news may be full of reports about the latest e-readers, the latest deals between one company and another to bring more content to more devices, and here I am still struggling to record a few favorites a week. This is the definition of muddling.

Which I why as I sat here in the living room writing this I asked my wife in the den to look at the TV and see if the red light was on. It was and tomorrow we'll watch tonight's “Daily Show” with Jon Stewart and zip through the commercials.

The networks may hate folks like us but without that little red light we probably wouldn’t watch their programs at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment