Thursday, September 29, 2011

“Improved” to Distraction

I received an email recently from FiOS announcing their new Interactive Media Guide. I glanced at it briefly and forgot about it. Until I turned on my TV set and the new guide sprang onto the screen.

I found it totally confusing. It WAS different and did have more information on it (which I had no use for) but I had to hunt for the programs I used to find instantly.

FiOS says their customers were requesting “more on-screen features.” I wasn’t one of them. I don't spend my life in front of the TV set searching for “new enhanced capabilities.” I'm satisfied if my programs come on when they're supposed to and go off on time. The DVR is a wonderful instrument.

Except during the football season when games run long and play havoc with scheduled programs. But we've been over that before.

I'm going to get used to this new guide and with patience so will my wife, who leaves the recording chores to me, anyway. I accept the challenge and unless something goes drastically wrong this will be the last you'll hear from me on this subject.

I'm sure something else will come along to muddle the waters.

No comments:

Post a Comment