Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Leftovers

Here are some leftovers from fine tuning my laptop to what I am used to on Ye Olde PC:

I don’t seem to have access to Outlook Express and I think I should.
I have to enter a password every time I open the Laptop. (Annoying)
I find the print too small on most web pages.
Speaking of print, although my grandson, Ben, got the laptop to sync with my wireless printer, I don’t seem to have that ability. We have to work on that.
And I have to add several more programs to get it fully in sync with Ye Olde.

This will be an ongoing process, I’m sure, and I’ll probably have to check in again with Ben for advice. Meantime I’ll muddle through as best I can.
-0-
Passwords, etc.

I have had it with passwords. Whenever I want to get to a web site for information I’m asked to “sign in.” Then I have to create a user ID and password. Then they don’t accept my password. Or tell me I’ve already used it and get another one.

It’s enough to make a grown man turn off the unit.

Like now.

No comments:

Post a Comment