Thursday, December 22, 2011

Play From Start

That's what it says when I return to a DVR after interrupting the program: Resume Play, Play from Start, Delete. Well, I didn't want to delete today but I sure wanted to “Play From Start.”

Nothing serious happened it's just that when I came down to breakfast my routine became slightly skewed. I became annoyed. Out of sorts. I fought to regain equilibrium.

Then my wife and I left for our bridge lesson. In the car we had a minor dispute over something so trivial I can't even remember what it was. Then I said: “let's start this day over.” It was metaphorical. We know we can't really do that but after a respectful silence, we tried.

I pulled into a nearby Dunkin' Donuts to pick up coffee before entering the bridge club. It was so crowded I left empty handed. Another bad vibe.

Then we had our bridge lesson and it went from bad to worse. Our instructor spoke faster than I could listen. All I heard was her voice. Words, not so much. We bid our hands haphazardly, played them worse. Not a good session.

The turnaround came at lunch. We went to a small deli/restaurant nearby, had great sandwiches, ran a few errands and got home safely. Two naps later all was right with the world again.

Resume Play.

No comments:

Post a Comment