Tuesday, February 14, 2012

FIOS Loses Lin’s Win

So I found the Knicks on TV tonight and programmed the DVR to record the game against Toronto while I watched other programs.

I checked into the Knicks-Raptors game from time to time. It was not impressive, particularly in the first half. Jeremy Lin was listless and the Raptors were rapturous.

So I switched to the Westminster Kennel Club dog show and got involved there while the DVR was doing its thing with the game. It just wasn’t doing it enough.

Before I knew it the DVR ended but not the game. Once again FIOS programmed a sporting event for less than the usual playing time. They do this consistently with sporting events and it should stop.

Anxious to find out the outcome, I went on line to discover that Lin hit a 3-point basket with less than a second on the clock to win the game. The Legend Grows, along with my frustration with FIOS.

I wasn’t crazy about the Pekingese winning Best of Show, either. I was rooting for the blue Terrier.

As Shakespeare might say (but I seriously doubt it) tonight’s show was “Lin’s Labor’s Lost.”

No comments:

Post a Comment