Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lost in Transmission

I had a long “live chat” with a FIOS person this morning. It's not really “live” in that you're actually talking with someone. You're texting a service rep and he or she texts back. That's what they call “live chat.”

I don't know where he was texting me from but I don't think we understood each other. I was complaining about the DVR schedule guide not allowing sufficient recording time for sports events and he ran diagnostics on my Set Top Box, which was working fine.

In any case, we had a very cordial back-and-forth on line and some day I'll figure out who the right person is to discuss FIOS's scheduling practices.

In any case, I programmed my DVR to record tonight's Knicks-Kings game, adding an extra 30 minutes to the record time. Turned out to be a blowout so I stopped recording before the end time.

I learn slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment