Saturday, February 18, 2012

Noodling with Nook

I called the Nook help line today to learn how to import pictures from my PC to the Nook Tablet. I connected with a nice young (I think) man who guided me through the process.

It's Nook’s own version of the 12-steps. At least that’s how long it took to get one picture into the Nook. If I'm serous about putting pictures onto the device it's going to take time. Not sure it's worth it.

Nevertheless, my wife wants pictures of our grandchildren and great grandchildren on it, and maybe some other family members, and so we will be very selective.

Here's an interesting part of the process. Naturally, you have to connect your Nook to the PC via a USB port to import the photos. But in order to see them on the Nook, you have to disconnect from the PC. I thought this was unnecessary and maybe they'll fix that on the next upgrade.

In any case, it's one more step for the muddler into the increasingly complex modern world.

What will we trip over next?

No comments:

Post a Comment