Friday, November 28, 2008

Vaya con Dios, VCR

I junked the first of my three VCRs today. I've been taping programs off the air for years on VHS tapes, then playing them back so I can skip the commercials. Worked fine for me. Then, prodded by #1 Son (tip-o-the-hat to Charlie Chan), finally got an HD TV with DVR. Wouldn't you know it, soon as the latest gizmo entered the house, one of the older ones decided to die.

Tried to restore it. Took the cover off, peered inside, had no idea what I was looking at. The cassette refused to eject. It hummed, I hawed. I finally closed it all up and put it out for recycling. Realized I probably will have no further use for it anyway. I do have two other VCRs but after viewing the remaining tapes, what will I do with those? DVR trumps VHS/VCR.

And Marv muddles on.

No comments:

Post a Comment