Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Packing

I get nervous when I have to pack for vacation. Underwear and socks are my bugaboo. I never know if I'll have enough so naturally I overpack. Makes it tight for everthing else.

Shoes are another distraction. I'll be wearing one pair, of course, and I try to limit myself to one other pair because they're awkward and heavy to pack. But choosing the second pair is sometimes difficult. It's bedtime now and we're leaving very early in the morning and I still haven't decided which pair to take.

Chances are I will before the car service picks us up for the ride to the airport. So I'm muddling.

We check one bag each and I pack both. "Do you really need that?" is enough to start a confrontation. I try not to say it too often.

It's OK for me to ask if I really need something I'm reluctant to pack. The answer usually is: "take it." So I find room somewhere somehow for the questionable item.

The leftovers go into our backpacks. Can't travel without one each for dopp kit, books, snacks, camera and other assorted items you like to have close at hand.

Did I say we're going to Florida for a family event (and some golf on the side)?

See  you in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment