Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Grind Teeth Here

I'm having a hissy fit. We received adorable new pictures of our two great-granddaughters by e-mail from Israel the other day and today I decided to print out six of them. It was not to be.

They were sent via Picasa, which I understand is part of Google. But never mind that. In order to print them at home, as I usually do, I have to import them into my Documents/Picture file. Normally this is easy. Except now it isn't.

At first I couldn't do it at all. So I sent a quick email to my grandson in Israel outlining the problem. He promptly replied with the procedure to get the job done. Seemed simple enough, but two of the six pictures I wanted to print refused to follow instructions. They transferred as Jpg files (I don't know what that means either) but not pictures. Ergo, unprintable, which was pretty much my reaction as well.

I tried and I tried to save them in different locations but they still transferred as Jpg files, not pictures. In fact, through a mysterious computer alchemy, one of the lesser photos ended up as my PC wallpaper. I replaced it immediately with a bucolic scene of our local park.

So enough frustration for one night. I'm sending another email to Israel for more instructions and hoping for yet another illuminating reply.

This definitely falls into the category of “no good deed (theirs) goes unpunished (me).

No comments:

Post a Comment