Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Compound Connectivity

We had a mini-moment of what it must be like for the truly connected these days.

My wife was on the phone with a friend when her caller ID told her my son, Rob, was calling. So she quickly told her friend she'd call her back* and took the call from Rob. Just then, ID told her another friend, Carl, was calling me from New York. “Call him back on your cell, while I talk to Rob,” she said.

We did that and while I was still talking with Carl, Rob asked to speak with me before he had to go. I handed my cell to my wife and asked her to talk with Carl while I took the land line to complete Rob's call. Then I took my cell back and finished my call with Carl.

Rob thought all this passing of calls around was worth blogging about and since he's my most loyal reader here it is.

Do you ever think about how many times you get phone calls in bunches? I notice this often when we return home and check our voice mail. Sometimes three or four messages will have been left in the space of just a few moments.

And, as it did today, it happens when we're home as well. How can we all be thinking of one another at the same time? Better still, be moved to talk to each other in person.

There is hope.

*After all the to do she forgot to call her friend back.

No comments:

Post a Comment