Monday, November 7, 2011

Aftermath

We're back to normal now after the freak Halloween storm. With a few improvements.

We now have a backup sump pump in case we lose power again. That should keep the basement dry.

Our electrician repaired and upgraded our entire wiring system.

Our landscaping service removed the large tree limb that fell across our patio and even removed some branches from the roof of our den. They also cleaned up the back yard, which has never looked so neat. I don't expect that to last too long.

But the last few days have not been entirely without incident. During her exercise class last Friday, my wife tripped over someone's misplaced weights, landing on both knees. Fortunately it was more of a gentle stumble. Our orthopedist told her to expect some swelling and tenderness but little of either occurred.

I, on the other hand, woke up Sunday morning with a pain in my chest. Taking no chances, we called the First Aid Squad which took me to Mountainside Hospital. I had to stay overnight but all tests were negative for heart disease. I came home this afternoon with blood pressure medication.

Nothing makes you appreciate life more than a glimpse of the alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment