Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Group

I joined a writing group at my synagogue tonight. It was our first meeting. There were six of us plus our group leader, a nice young man who is having his first novel published.

I tried a creative writing course a few years ago at a nearby adult school and I enjoyed it. I also took a course in how to start a Blog, which is how I started this blog.

I think the writing group will be different than blogging each night. I suspect we'll be trying longer-form stuff, essays perhaps. Or short stories, even short-short stories. Some will try personal memoirs.

Some of our group have interesting stories they'd like to try writing. I've sort of nestled into the blog-type commentary format. I'm comfortable in it and it gives me great freedom to write about anything.

My wife still wants me to write a book. I have a collection of titles I created for books or stories I thought I'd write someday. One of them was for a satirical musical. You know what they say abut satire. “Satire is what closes on Saturday night.” That one will be a non-starter.

Meantime, the next meeting is in two weeks and I promised to submit something.

Now where did I put those titles?

No comments:

Post a Comment