Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pundit Pity

Pity the poor pundits. They are right all the time. But, if their opinions brook no contradiction, are they no longer opinions but, in fact, fact? No wonder we are confused.

It has to be hard to come up with a 600-word essay twice a week. I have trouble creating a few paragraphs every so often that I hope will be interesting and perhaps amusing. And I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. And I certainly don't get paid for my efforts.

This is not to say I don't have opinions. But so many opinions are flying around all sorts of media I confess I'm intimidated to offer my own. Thus, I'm not disappointed if no one pays attention to me.

Not so for the pontificating pundits who constantly offer their opinions on how to right the wrongs of the world. I hope they're not frustrated at the end of the day when they realize their words fall on deaf ears. But do not fret, dear pundit, I'm always curious about you may say next.

So keep opining, Oh, pundits fine, the field is yours, the decisions mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment