Monday, July 4, 2011

Gettin' Over It

Ever have one of those weekends when you look forward to going back to work to relax? Holiday weekends can be like that. You fill them with activities because it's expected of you and then when it's over you get on the bus, train, car, or whatever and coast into the office exhausted.

Of course we've been retired for some time now so there's no office to go to tomorrow but sleeping late sounds nice. Honestly, I can't recall any specifics of what we did this July Fourth weekend other than bottling our beer on Sunday and entertaining a few friends from our park conservancy today at an afternoon barbeque.

But we're still tired, although pleasantly so. My wife is very organized and things went smoothly today as long as I did what I was told and didn't offer alternative suggestions.

Our own-brewed beer was a hit with our guests and I anticipate many an afternoon of pleasant sipping as the summer glides by.

My son Rob, the instigator for the beer brewing, also sipped pleasantly today, or so he informed me via text. And now that we've crossed our own Brewbicon together we look forward to new familial adventures.

Here's suds in your eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment