Saturday, July 9, 2011

Smile, Frown, Whatever...

If I knew how to do it I would insert a frowny face here. Why? Short story.

Earlier this week I sent a text message to my grandson inquiring about his health. He hadn't been feeling well when we saw him the previous day. After a few brief exchanges on the positive side, suddenly a page of round, yellow faces appeared on my cell phone screen. I don't know how they got there but a smiley one seemed appropriate so I inserted it into my text message.

Later, my son told me these are called emoticons. So this evening I was looking at my cell phone and trying to find out how to call up an emoticon if I wanted to use one in the future. I couldn’t find them anywhere.

Out came the little Samsung booklet called “Tip, Hints and Shortcuts.” Eighty-three pages later I still had no clue how to pull up a round yellow face of any kind. With no grandchild in sight it to guide me it will have to be a while before this latest bit of technology becomes useful, if ever.

Meanwhile, Derek Jeter got his 3000th hit on his second at bat this afternoon and went 5 for 5 on the day including knocking in the winning run in the Yankees' 5-4 win over Tampa Bay.

(Insert smiley face here)(Got it from Google, not cell phone)

No comments:

Post a Comment