Monday, April 25, 2011

One small step for Marv...

Actually two. We splurged today on a new coffee maker which required diligent reading of the instructions (yes, my wife read the instructions) to learn how to operate it. But we haven't plugged it in yet because we're the cautious type. Surely tomorrow, maybe even in time for morning coffee.

But the really big step was buying one of those all-in-one printer, fax, scan, copy machines that also has wireless printing capability, whatever that is. I haven't read the instruction manual for this thing yet. I'm allowing lots of time to set this baby up.

Wouldn’t you know I just replaced both the color and black ink cartridges in my current printer. Shall I use it until the inks run out or just keep in in reserve? I think the latter, since we have only a 30-day return policy on the new one. Want to make sure that's working properly.

I've heard about the benefits of scanning stuff into your PC and I'm looking forward to trying that. And now I can get rid of the bulky fax machine that sits on the floor right next to me and that I rarely use.

I'm getting there. No smart phone yet. No iPad. No e-reader. But the office is becoming more compact.

The Muddler is inching into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment