Wednesday, June 29, 2011

This 'n That

No real big issue tonight just a lot of little things that are affecting my world.

1. Using the county's automated tee time system I made a reservation for our foursome for 9:50 a.m. today at our local course. But when we got there there was no reservation on the books. Since we are a well-known group the powers that be fit us in anyway. But it was a frustrating few moments. How automated is a system that gives you a confirmation number and then fails to log you in?

2. We recently signed up with Verizon for what seemed like a better service program at the same monthly rate we had been paying. But when I reviewed the contract I discovered that we had to pay $89 IN ADVANCE before any service could be performed. That was a short-lived contract.

3. Then we discovered that our bottom freezer was not quite freezing. No leaks, thank goodness, but items softening in the box. A service call seems in order.

4. And the kitchen faucet is turning itself off again. You turn it on and unless it's going full blast it will slowly turn into a dribble. Fortunately it's still under warranty and the manufacturer is sending a replacement part. I love plumbing.

I'm getting the sense things are falling apart before my very eyes. But, as usual, we'll muddle through.

No comments:

Post a Comment