Saturday, September 3, 2011

Venturing Forth

My next venture in muddling through the modern world is familiarizing myself with my new Toshiba laptop. It's fun and challenging trying something new like this. It's like stepping into a new world with all sorts of gizmos already on board. I'm sure I won't use most of them.

I've attached my wireless mouse and the manufacturer recommends creating a backup disc before doing too much more. I bought a new flash drive to do this and an easy transfer cable to move files from this old PC to that new one. Should be challenging.

I'm doing a little at a time. I get nervous with new things. I have to translate technical language into words that I can understand. Then I forge ahead.

When I do it right and get the result I’m looking for it's like hitting that perfect iron to the green. I can do that once in a while.

I like the screen (it's 17.3”) and the keyboard is comfortable. I can access the internet through my wireless modem. I'm still looking for the word processing feature that will let me write whatever and wherever I want.

This may very well be my last computer and I intend to make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment