Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Word Book

I've never used a dictionary as much as I have since I started writing this blog. I like to use words correctly and sometimes I'm not sure. So out comes my Webster's New College Dictionary. How old fashioned is that!

I mention this because this morning's NYTimes Personal Tech section featured an article about software that can now put entire reference libraries on your smart phone. Since I don't have a smart phone and unlikely to get one soon, I treasure my dictionary no matter how old it is.

So here's the question posed in the article itself: “why would anyone need an app when nearly every bit of reference material is already available from a Mobile browser? ”

Mobile browser? I don't have one of those either. I browse right here on my PC and soon will be browsing with my new laptop, when I set it up. I seem to be falling further behind the technology curve and it doesn't bother me a bit.

I have my Webster's to keep me company.

No comments:

Post a Comment